Five Steps To Better Resilience
The Cyber Essentials scheme outlines five controls which can be adopted into your business-as-usual processes right away. These controls can instantly boost your defences against a cyber attack. They include:
• Secure settings for your software and devices
• A firewall to protect your internet connectivity
• Control of who has access to your data and services
• Protection against viruses and other malware
• Ensuring your devices and software are up to date.
Why Cyber Essentials?
By becoming Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus certified, your organisation can benefit by:
• Instilling confidence in your clients that they’re working with a business that takes cyber security seriously.
• Winning new business by showing you have an industry recognised cyber security certification.
• Getting approval for Government and Ministry of Defence (MoD) contracts - Cyber Essentials has been a mandatory requirement since 2014 in order to tender for central Government work and other larger enterprises.
Cyber Liability Insurance
Add even more confidence with free automatic cyber insurance upon completion of a self-assessed certification (up to £25,000 limit of indemnity).
Benefits include a 24hr helpline providing crisis management and incident response. The policy liability amount also covers you against extortion demands and ransoms, emergency costs following a breach, loss ofelectronic data and any other business interruption caused. (NOTE: This is only available to companies with a turnover of under £20m.)